Dr. Kiran Bala
Professor and Dean
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (Marketing) from Symbiosis Centre of Distance Learning, Pune. (2012)
- Ph.D. in Mass Communication from Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar. ( Title- Journalistic Works of Khushwant Singh: An Analysis of Themes and Treatment) (2011)
- PGDT (Post Graduate Diploma in Translation) from IGNOU (2002) Gold Medalist.
- M.A. (English) from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra (1999)
- M.Sc. (Mass Comm.) from Guru Jambheshwar University, Hisar. (1996-98). Gold Medalist
- Qualified UGC (NET) examination (June 1998) in Journalism & Mass Communication.
- B.Sc. from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra with subjects Chemistry, Botany and Zoology (1992-1995)
- 2004-2018: Associate Professor, Department of Communication Studies, Jagannath International Management School (JIMS), GGSIP University
- 2003-2004: Lecturer, Mass Comm. in Ch. Devi Lal University, Sirsa
- 2002-2003: Lecturer, S.D.M. Mahavidyalya, Hansi
- 2000-2000: Sub-editor in National Hindi Daily, Dainik Bhaskar
- Worked as compeer for Youth Programmes at AIR Hisar. Organized talk shows and panel discussions for the programme.
- Worked at DD Hisar as an anchor for woman-based programme. Conducted interviews and panel discussions on various social and health issues.
Dr Kiran Bala, Professor and Dean, School of Journalism and Mass Communication, K R Mangalam University, Gurgaon. She is a keen researcher and dedicated teacher with more than sixteen years of teaching experience at College and University level along with five years of experience in All India Radio and one and a half year in Doordarshan as casual compeer.
- Public Relations
- Media Research
- Presented a paper ‘Health As An Agenda In Indian Politics: A Study Of Election Manifestos In 16th General Elections’ in National Conference ‘Innovation and Sustainability for Development’ organized by Navrachna University, Vadodra on Oct 5-6, 2017. (Received Best Research Paper Award)
- Delivered lecture ‘How to Write Research Paper’ as a Resource Person in FDP ‘Changing Paradigms in Media Teaching’ organised by JIMS on June11-16, 2018
- A number of articles published in various newspapers and magazines.
- Above than 200 programmes broadcast on All India Radio.
- A number of programmes telecast on Doordarshan.
Papers Presented in Conferences
- Presented a paper ‘Reimagining News – Shift from Online First to Mobile First ” in National Conference ‘Mass Media: Current Scenario and Future Trends’ organized by Chandigarh University on April 06, 2018
- Made a presentation as Resource person for ‘Application of Framing Theory’ in FDP ‘Reinventing Media Studies Teaching’ organised by JIMS on May 29-June2, 2017
- Paper ‘Revisiting the Witty Sardar: A Study of Khushwant Singh’s Popularity’ presented in International Conference ‘ELLCIATLS-2017’ organised by K R Manglam University, Gurugram on Feb 3-4, 2017
- Chaired a session in National Seminar on Challenges in Communication Research organised by GJUS&T, Hisar on March 11-12, 2015.
- Presented Poster titled ‘Political economy of Nutrition in India’ in South Asia Conference on Policies and Practices to Improve Nutrition on 30-31 July 2014 at New Delhi.
- Paper ‘Health Issues in Indian Public Sphere’ accepted in 23rd AMIC Annual Conference, Bangkok (Conf postponed due to unrest in Thailand)
- Paper ‘The Historical Perspectives on Column Writing’ presented in UGC sponsored national Seminar on Intersections: History & Literature held in DCAC on March 11-12, 2014
- Paper ‘The End of Journalism and Rise of Marketing’ presented in National Seminar ‘Values in Journalism’ held in GJUS&T, Hisar on March 7-8, 2014
- Paper ‘Democracy and Right to Communicate’ presented in National Conference ‘Democratisation of Communication’ held in Tecnia Institute of Advanced Studies on Nov 23, 2012.
- Paper ‘Right to Communicate: Reality or Myth in India’ accepted for presentation in International Conference ‘Media and Development’ held in Greece on May 19-21, 2011
- Paper ‘Participatory Content Creation to Strengthen the Local Voices for Community Development’ accepted for poster presentation in 19th AMIC Conference ‘Technological and Cultural Communication: Connectors and Dividers’ held in Singapore on June 21-23, 2010
- Paper ‘Globalisation and Media Education: Challenge Ahead’ presented in National Symposium ‘Challenges and Opportunities of Media Education in India’ organized by IGNOU and UNESCO in IGNOU, New Delhi on November 20-21, 2009
- Paper ‘Community Radio: Voice of Voiceless’ presented in International Conference ‘Development Communication in the Era of Globalisation’ held in Chennai on July 9-11, 2009.
- Paper ‘Use of ICTs in Media Education’ presented in National Seminar on ‘State of Media Education’ held in CDLU, Sirsa on April 25-26, 2009
- Paper ‘Community Radio: Voice of Voiceless’ presented in UGC Sponsored National Seminar on “Role of Media in Development’ held in Panchkula on Sept 26-27, 2008.
- Paper ‘New Media : A Boon or Bane for Right to Privacy’ presented in International Conference on New Media and Citizens’ Right to Privacy held in New Delhi on Jan 11-12, 2008.
Publication & Broadcasts
- Research Paper “Health As An Agenda In Indian Politics: A Study Of Election Manifestos In 16th General Elections’ published in Indian Medical Association Journal (Haryana Edition).( Dec 2017)
- Chapter ‘The aim of journalism is to dialogue with readers’ published in book titled ‘Repartee Khushwant Singh’ by Global Vision Publications (2015)
- Research Paper ‘ Social media and Changing Communication Patterns’ published in Global Media Journal-Indian Edition (Summer Issue/June 2014/Vol. 5/No. 1) ISSN 2249 – 5835
- Research Article ‘A need for the news agencies in the vernacular’ published in Vidura (Jan-March, 2014) ISSN 0042-5303
- Research Paper ‘Khushwant Singh: The Post-modern Columnist’ in Mass Communicator (Oct-Dec, 2013) ISSN 0973-9688
- Perspective ‘Advertising CSR: An expenditure or investment’ published in 8M (Jan-March, 2013) ISSN 0973-9335
- Research Article ‘Folk Media can play role in development’ published in Vidura (Jan-March, 2013) ISSN 0042-5303
- Research Paper ‘Evolution of a columnist: A case study of Khushwant Singh’ published in Pragyaan (Dec 2012)
- Research Paper ‘Communicating Health through Local Media’ published in Vidura (Oct-Dec, 2010)
- Research Paper ‘Innovative Media for Brand Visibility’ published in Vidura ( April-June, 2010) ISSN 0042-5303
- Research Paper ‘Airing the Voice of Downtrodden’ published in Vidura ( Oct-Dec, 2009)
- Research Paper ‘Rural Advertising: Bridging the Urban and Rural Divide’ published in 8M (July-Sep, 2009) ISSN 0973-9335
- Research Paper ‘New Media : A Boon or Bane for Right to Privacy, in Mass Communicator (April-June 2008) ISSN 0973-9688
- Research Paper ‘In-film advertising: New Mantra for Brand Building’ published in Vidura (Oct-Dec, 2007)
- Paper ‘PR for Brand Building’ published in Mass Communicator (April-June 2008)
Chapter published in book ‘Mere Sakshatkaar’ edited
Faculty Development Programmes Origanised/Attended
- Organised and attended One Week-long FDP on ‘Reinventing Media Studies Teaching’ in JIMS, New Delhi held on May 29-June 2, 2017
- Organised and attended One Week long FRP on ‘Revisiting Statistics in Social Sciences’ in JIMS, New Delhi held on December 19-23, 2017
- Attended a Two-week long FDP on ‘Research Methodology and Technical writing’ organized by JIMS, Nehru Palace held from June 04-16, 2007.