- Ph.D from Integral University Lucknow, 2017, (Viva awaited)
- M.Pharm, from Jamia Hamdard University New Delhi, 2011
- B.Pharm from Jamia Hamdard University New Delhi, 2009
- Worked as Lecturer (part time faculty) at Integrated Institute of Technology, Government of NCT Delhi, India since 19th April 2015 to 31th December 2016
- Worked as Trainee Research Analyst in formulation and Analytical Division at Jubilant Life Science Pvt Ltd. U.P, since 28 Feb, 2012, to 30 August 2012
He has completed bachelor and Master of Pharmacy from Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, India. He has qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in 2009 and GPAT 2013, secured 93.32 percentile & 95 percentile. After completion of Master he has served as Trainee Research Analyst at Jubilant Life Science Pvt Ltd. U.P, India for six months. After that he got enrolled in PHD in 2012, from Integral University Lucknow, and now he is waiting for his PHD viva. During PHD he has got two Research Fellowship for his PHD program namely- Junior Research Fellowship (UGC/RGNF-JRF/2012) awarded by UNIVERSITY GRANT COMMISSION, Govt. of India and Junior Research Fellowship (UGC/MANF-JRF/2013) awarded by UNIVERSITY GRANT COMMISSION, Govt. of India.. He has also served as a Lecturer (Part time) at Integrated Institute of Technology, Government of NCT of Delhi, India for two years. He has nearly 6 years of experience in teaching and research in Pharmaceutical Sciences, especially Novel drug delivery system and Nanomedicine. His key areas of research include herbal and silver based development and characterization of diverse nanostructured systems, controlled release drug delivery systems, bioenhanced drug delivery systems, nanomaterials and nanocomposites for diverse drug delivery applications. Till date, He has authored more than 19 publications in various peer-reviewed journals, 4 book chapters, 4 books and 1 Indian patent application to his credit. He has good exposure of participating at several conferences in India, Canada, and Spain.
Herbal and silver based development and characterization of diverse nanostructured systems, controlled release drug delivery systems, bioenhanced drug delivery systems, nanomaterials and nanocomposites for diverse drug delivery applications.
Expertise in all nanocarriers (Nanosuspension, Nanocrystal, nanoemulsion, solid-lipid nanoparticle, polymeric nanoparticle and nanolipidic carriers) based formulations.
- Md Abul Barkat, Mohd Mujeeb, Md Samim, Shashikant Verma, Arshad Hussain, Md. Akhlaquer Rahman “The biocidal effect of Silver Nanoparticles synthesized from the aseptically produced callus of Catharanthus roseus” paper was accepted for presentation at the 4th International Conference on Nanotechnology: Fundamentals and Applications (ICNFA’13), Toronto, Canada, 2013.
- Md Abul Barkat, Harshita, Iqbal Ahmad, Dr Raisuddin Ali, Dr Sarwar Beg, Dr Satya Prakash Singh, Dr Faheem Hyder Pottoo, Dr Farhan J Ahmad. “Formulation Design, Development and In vitro-In vivo Characterization of Aloe vera Gel containing Nanogel of Silver sulfadiazine” paper has been accepted for presentation at the NDDTE’17 – 2nd International Conference on Nanomedicine, Drug Delivery, and Tissue Engineering, Barcelona, Spain, 2017.
- Barkat MA, Mujeeb M, roseus var. alba and assessment of its antimicrobial activity. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2014, 4, 1591–1603.
- Md. roseus extract and extract loaded chitosan nanoparticles in alloxan induced diabetic rats. Md, Int J Biomed Res. 2014; 05 (05): 299-313.
- Md. Javed Ahmad, Harshita, Md Potto, PharmSciTech. 2017 Jun 5. Abul, Insights into the targeting potential of thymoquinone for therapeutic intervention against triple-negative breast cancer”. Current Drug Targets. 2017; 18(16) DOI: 10.2174/1389450118666170612095959.
- Dr Farhan J Ahmad, Dr. S.P Singh. ‘Silver Nanoparticles and their Antimicrobial Applications’. In Current Nanomedicine (Accepted for Guest Issue, 2017).
- Clinico-Pharmaceutical Presence of Thymoquinone in Breast Cancer. Current clinical pharmacology (Accepted for Guest Issue, 2017).
- Hyder Mahfoozur Rahman, Lipid-based system as intelligent drug carrier: A review. Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal (accepted for Guest issue).
- Hyder Pharamacology (Under review).
- Dr Farhan J Ahmad. Therapeutic Raisuddin Ali, Shabnam Ain, Dr. Md Babita Kumar, Javed Naim, Faheem vera gel containing Micronized and Abul Barkat, Md. Nigar, Ayash Farooq, Noushad Javed. “Estrogen and serotonin: complexity of interactions and implications for epileptic seizures and
- Abul Barkat, Farhan J Ahmad, M.Z Hasan Ansari. “GPAT CRACKER” An Extensive Reference Materials Md Prakashan, New Delhi.
- Dr. Sarwar Beg, Exlusive worldwide distribution by CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group).
- Akhlaquer Rahman. Agricultural, Pharmaceutical, and Therapeutic Interior of roseus: Current Research and Future Prospects”. M. Naeem, Tariq Aftab, and M. Md Md anoemulsions drug delivery for brain targeting. In: Abul Barkat, Dr Faheem H Nanoformulation with Aloe Vera Gel for Treating Burns and/or Skin Infections. Patent application number-201611042798 (Indian Patent Application).
Editorial Board Member & Reviewer:
- Expert reviewer of the following journals:
– Journal of Applied Life Sciences International
– African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology (South Africa)