- Ph. D. (Thermal Engineering) in 2018 from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India.
- M. Tech (Thermal Engineering) in 2009 from National Institute of Technology (NIT), Silchar, Assam, India.
- B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) in 2007 from Uttar Pradesh Technical University (UPTU), Lucknow, India.
- 2015 – Present: Assistant Professor at K.R. Mangalam University, Gurugram, Haryana, India.
- 2010-2015: Teaching Assistant (TA), at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India.
- 2009-10: Lecturer, at Gurgaon College of Engineering, Gurgaon, Haryana
Dr. Kumar has more than 8+ years of teaching and research experience. While pursuing his doctoral degree at IIT Delhi, he was actively involved in mentoring undergraduate and postgraduate students for several research projects. He also served as Teaching Assistant (TA) in Mechanical Engineering Department at IIT Delhi for about a dozen of courses in the field of thermal engineering. He has published several research papers in reputed national and international journals during his academic and research career. His recent research contribution is the development of two novel design theories, namely, Constant Rate of Momentum Change (CRMC) and Constant Rate of Kinetic Energy Change (CRKEC) for the design and analysis of supersonic ejectors. Which is a major step towards development of efficient ejector.
- Fluid Mechanics & Machines
- Heat Transfer
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Gas Dynamics/compressible flow
- single and two stage ejector development
- Fluid power
- Heat Transfer
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
- Development of physics-based theory i.e., Constant Rate of Momentum Change (CRKEC) for supersonic ejector design and analysis.
- Selected as an Assistant professor for the project TEQIP III under National Project Implementation Unit, Ministry of HRD.
- GATE 2006 and GATE 2007 Qualified.
- Received MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) Assistantship from Govt. of India for pursuing Masters (M.Tech) & Doctoral (PhD) studies.
- Kumar, V., Singhal, G., Subbarao, PMV. “Realization of novel constant rate of kinetic energy change (CRKEC) supersonic ejector”, Energy: Special Issue on Recent advances in ejector technology: applications and modeling(accepted).
- Prasad, L., Mohan, L., Raturi, H. P., Kumar, V.“A Comparative Study on Mechanical and Dry Sliding Wear Behaviour of Al 7075-T6 Welded Joints Fabricated By FSW, TIG and MIG” 3rd International conference on “Innovative Design, Analysis and Development Practices in Aeronautical and Automobile Engineering” (IDAD 2018) 22-24 Feb. 2018. (Under review Springer Lecture Notes).
- Prasad, L., Salvi, B. L., Kumar, V.“Thermal degradation and gasification characteristics of Tung Shells as an open top downdraft wood gasifier feedstock” Clean Techn. Environ. Policy, (2014) 1-8.
- Kumar, V., Singhal,, Subbarao, P.M.V. “Study of supersonic flow in a constant rate of momentum change (CRMC) ejector with frictional effects” Applied Thermal Engineering 60 (2013) 61-71.
- Pandey, K.M., Kumar, V., Srivastava, “CFD Analysis of Twin Jet Supersonic Flow with Fluent Software” Current Trends in Technology and Sciences Vol. 1, (2012) 84-91.
- Saha, S.K., Prasad, L., Kumar, V. “Experimental Investigations on Heat Treatment of Cold Work Tool Steel: Part 1, Air–Hardening Grade (D2)” Int. Journal of Eng. Research and Application (IJERA) 2, (2012) 510-519.
- Kumar, V., Pandey, K.M. “CFD Analysis of Four Jet Flow at Mach 1.74 with Fluent Software”, International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Applications, Vol. 1, (2010) 302-308.
- Pandey, K.M., Kumar, V. “CFD Analysis of Twin Jet Flow at Mach 1.74 with Fluent Software”, International Journal of Environmental Science and Development, Vol.1, (2010) 423-428.
- Kumar, V., Singhal, G., Subbarao P.M.V. “A new approach for the design of supersonic ejectors: the constant rate of kinetic energy change (CRKEC) method with frictional effects” 5th International and 41st National Conference on Fluid Mechanics and Fluid Power, IIT Kanpur, Dec. 12-14, (2014).
- Pandey, K.M., Kumar, “Studies on Supersonic Free Jet Flows: A Numerical Analysis with Fluent Software”, National Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engg. (AME’09) DBIT, Bangalore March 30-31st (2009), 72-76.
- Pandey, K.M., Kumar, V.“Study on Supersonic Free Single and Twin Jet Flow: Numerical Analysis with Fluent Software”, International Conference, 10ASV, SRM University, Tamil Nadu, India. March 1-5th (2010), 179-184.