- PhD in English Literature from Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu, India – September 2009
- M Phil English – Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamil Nadu, India – 2000
- S E T – Kerala – June 2000
- B Ed – S N M Training College, M G University, Kerala, India – 1991
- M A English Literature – Vimala College, Calicut University, Kerala, India – 19
- University Teaching : 6Years
- English Faculty- Graduate level : 4 years
- Principal – Secondary school : 4 years
- Teachers Training Instructor : 2 years
- Higher Secondary School Teaching : 11 years
Prof.(Dr) Omana Antony has more than 26 years of experience as English Teacher in various institutions and in various positions. She has been awarded the Dr.Nandakumar Lavande Award for Academic Excellence-2015 by the Higher Education & Research Society, Navi Mumbai and the Gaurav Sikshak Puraskar-2014 by the Centre for Education, Growth & Research(CEGR), Delhi. She is a recognized Ph.D guide and Ph.D Thesis evaluator. Dr.Antony has designed three modules of the MHRD sponsored UGC e-Patshala Module designing project-2016. She has been Resource person as Plenary Speaker & Session Chair in National and International Conferences. She has attended and presented papers in about 35 National & International conferences, and got published around 50 papers in various Journal of National & International status. She has organized three International conferences and one National conference as Convener. She has edited five books, has been the Editor of an International Refereed Journal and is in the Editorial Board of The Golden Vibes, an International Journal. She has membership in ELTAI, CSI, CLAI, IATEL, FORTELL etc. Her areas of interest are English Communication skill development, student counselling, personality development workshops, organizing Curricular and extra curricular programmes, conducting social service activities for students. Her area of specialization is Indian English Literature & American Literature.
- Training Students for proficiency in English communication
- To give exposure & practical experience in Dramatics and Literary activities
- To guide Research scholars both in English Literature & English Language Teaching aspects.
- Designing teaching modules
- Organizing Conferences , Seminars & workshops
- Organizing curricular, co-curricular & extracurricular activities for students both in intra & inter college levels.
- Anchoring formal & Informal functions
- Training students for communication skills and Public speaking
- Training students for Personality development and English Language acquisition
- Conducting teacher training programmes on Ethics of Teaching Profession, Communication Skills & Personality Development.
- Indulging in discussions on any aspect of Education, Teaching and Student issues.
- Interacting with students and counselling them to be better individuals.Organizing Social Service Activities & student welfare activities
- Research Guide
- Awarded Ph.D Degree for one scholar
- Working with the Delhi University Coordinator on the MHRD sponsored UGC Project on Module designing; completed and submitted THREE modules.
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
- Awarded Dr.Nandakumar Lawande Award for Academic Excellence-2015 instituted by Higher Education & Research Society, Navi Mumbai, in the International Conference on 12 September 2015 at Morris College, Nagpur.
- Plenary Speaker, National Conference at NCERT, New Delhi in March, 2015
- Plenary Speaker, National Conference at Karnataka State Womens’ University, Vijaypura in August, 2015
- Session Chair for the Plenary Speech by Pro.Amy Upadhya at the International Conference at Morris College, Nagpur in September 2015.
- Won “Gaurav Shikshak Puraskar” of CEGR (Centre for Education, Research & Growth) Delhi in 2014
- Won a prize in National level Essay Writing Competition for Teachers conducted by the Scholastic India, New Delhi in 2002
- Won the Competent Communicator Certificate of the Toastmasters International Club in 2010
- Area Governorship (A3, Dist.82) of the Toastmasters International Club – 2008 – 2010
- District Governor, Toastmasters International Club, June 2008- March 2010
- Launched International Refereed Journal of English Language & Literature from Lingayas University
- Introduced BA(Hons.)English & MA English in Lingaya’s University.
- Introduced Foreign Language programme in Lingaya’s University.
- Student Welfare Committee member
- Introduced AIESEC – Agency for International Internship opportunities to the Lingaya’s University in Nov.2012 and one student from Lingaya’s got selected for Internship in Thailand for 5 weeks in Winter 2012, and three students in 2013 Winter
- Installed ELTAI Faridabad Chapter & continues as Chapter Head
- Membership in ELTAI, IATEL, INDIA CALL,ISCL, FORTEL CLAI, ICSL, CEGR & CSI
Resource Person Activities
- Chaired the session of Plenary talk by Prof(Dr.)Amy Upadhya in the International Conference by Higher Education & Research Society, Navi Mumbai at Morris College, Nagpuron 12 September 2015
- Plenary Speaker on the topic “The Profile of Indian Woman: An Analytical Perspective of the Contemporary Feminist Novels” in the National Conference on “Genres in Indian Novel” by the Karnataka State Women’s University PG Studies & Research Center on 7 &8 August, 2015.
- Chaired the Paper presentation session on Feminist Novels in the National Conference on “Genres in Indian Novel” by the Karnataka State Women’s University PG Studies & Research Center on 7 &8 August
- Plenary Speaker on the topic “Need of Multilingualism in Inclusion.” in the National Conference on Language & Inclusive Education by the NCERT, Delhi on 10-12 March 2015.
- Panelist for the topic “Multilingual Education for Inclusion” in the National Conference on Language & Inclusive Education by the NCERT, Delhi on 10-12 March 2015.
- Panelist of the Panel Discussion on the topic “How to write a Research Paper?” organised by the LGVKS Institute of Management & Technology on 20 February 2015.
- Resource person for the Ph.D Course subjects class of the Lingaya’s University from May, 2011 to February 2016.
- Resource person for Communication Skills & Soft skill Workshop for the Teaching & Non teaching staff of Lingaya’s University.
Social Service Activities
- Organized Medical camps for the people of Nachauli Village in collaboration with FORTIS Hospital in 2014 & in 2015.
- Organizes Summer Camp for the Village children every year since 2011 to 2015.
- Health & Hygiene Awareness Programme in the Pradhamik Vidhybhavan, Nachauli
- Organized Waste paper collection campaign in association with the NGO Go Green in 2014.
- Organized Vaccination campaign for the stray dogs in the campus in association with the NGO PFA in 2014.
Conferences Organized as the Convener
- International Conference “Making Connections: Social welfare in the Context of English Language & Literature- A Global Perspective” on 4 & 5 February 2016.
- International Conference TISCELL-2014 (The Impact of Social Changes on English Language& Literature – An Overview of the Past 100 Years) on 7 & 8 February 2014
- International Conference ELLATH-2015 (English Language & Literature – A Tool for Humanising) on 23 & 24 February 2015.
- NCUC-2012 (National Conference on Urban Catharsis) on 3& 4 Feb.2012
- Organized 5-days Faculty Development Programme at Lingaya’s University from 6 to 10 July 2015 on”How to Make Classroom Exciting?”
- 2-day workshop on Effective & Innovative Teaching Methodologies for the teachers of St.Thomas Academy, Gaziabad on 29 &30 Junel 2015
- Workshop on Language through Literature in the International Conference by MNIT, Jaipur on 18 & 19 Jan. 2013.
- 2-days workshop for the EL Teachers from Faridabad in collaboration with the Cambridge English 24 &25 August 2014.
- 2-day workshop of Classroom Management & Communication Skills for the teachers of St.Joseph’s Academy, Gaziabad on 22 & 28 April 2014
- “Developing Linguistic and Communicative Competence through Story Telling& Poetry Recitation” in the International Conference at Amity University, Lucknow on 24 & 25 May 2014.
- Attended two days FDP Workshop on “Case Studies & Live Projects /Operation Workout as a Teaching Methodology” held on 16 7 17 June 2008 by GH Academy of Human Excellence Pvt. Ltd.
- Attended Faculty Training Programme organized by GH Academy of Human Excellence Pvt. Ltd. On 21-24 June 2008.
- Attended “How to avoid the risk of Plagiarism & Copyright?”, C.Sc & LSc, LU, 10 Dec. 2014
Conferences attended & Papers presented
- “Theory at Work: Text, History and Culture” by BHU, Varanasi in collaboration with Sahitya Academy, New Delhi & ICSSR, New Delhi on 9 -11 Nov. 2010. Paper : “ The Image of New Women: A Study of Anita Nair’s Ladies Coupe”.
- “Hi-tech, Lo-tech, No-tech: Learning Technologies in Practice” by British Council, India Call, ELTAI and IATEFL hosted by H.M.Patel Institute of English Training & Research, Gujarat, on 7 & 8 Jan. 2012. Paper: “Technology for Professional Development of Teachers in English”
- ICOPE-2012 by Vel-tech University Chennai. Paper “ How to Make Teaching & Learning of English a Pleasurable Experience for Technical Students” 15 & 16 Feb.2012.
- Role & Responsibilities ofHumanities & Social Sciences in Technical Education” by SRM University Ghaziabad: Paper submitted: “Skills, Roles and Challenges of a Language Teacher in Technical Education” ( 0n 16 & 17 March 2012).
- International Conference on “Empowering the English Language Class room” at Malaviya Nagar MNIT, Jaipur on 18 & 19 January 2013:- A Workshop on “Language through Literature: A Practical Method of Language Teaching”.(to be attended).
- International Conference on Reinventing Thinking Beyond Boundaries to Excel on 6 April by IMT Faridabad, presented paper on “Teacher Training: Pre-Service & Inservice”
- International Conference on WHO, WHAT, HOW: ELT in the Global Context, on 18 & 19 May 2013 by Amity University, Lucknow, presented a paper on “Strategies for Successful Language Acquisition”
- International Conference on WHO, WHAT, HOW: ELT in the Global Context, on 18 & 19 May 2013 by Amity University, Lucknow; attended a workshop on “How to Enhance Digital Literacy?”
- “Soliloquies in Hamlet: A Means of Self-Revelation “,International Conference on “Quest for Identity in English Literature” by MRIU, Faridabad ,30 Nov,2013
- International conference on Language, Literature & Library: Disruptive Digressions & Digital Dimensions on 22 & 24 January 2014 by Manipal University, Jaipur. Accepted abstract of the paper Complementary Role of Language & Literature in Language Acquisition”
- “ELT Curriculum- A Futuristic Perspective “,International Conference on Role of ELT in Education for Sustainable Development by Amity University, Lucnow ,24&25 May 2014
- Has got invitation to present paper in the Confluence at Nagpur 0n 15 & 16 February 2014, but got it published in absentia.
- Presented the paper “Quality & Quantity- The Complementary Components of Effective English Language Acquisition” in the International Conference on “Learning and Teaching English in India: Setting Standards” on 9-11 July 2015 at Raj Kumar Goel Institute of Technology for Women, Ghaziabad
- Presented the paper “The Profile of an Indian Woman – A Comparative Study of My Story, Ladies Coupe & Manhattan Music in International Conference on Postcolonial Literature by Indian Society for Commonwealth Literature in collaboration with O.P.Jindal University, Sonipat on 28-30 January 2015.
- International Conference on Comparative Literature at Morris College, Nagpur on 11-12 September 2015
- UGC Sponsored National Conference on “Models of Teaching” by MES College, Marampally, Kerala on 19 & 20 Jan 2012. Paper: “Class-room Management & Its Effectiveness”.
- UGC Sponsored National Seminar “Reflective Practice in the English Classroom” by SSK Basaveshwer College of Arts & Science, Karnataka, 2 to 4 March 2012., presented the paper “The Role of the English Teachers”
- EDUVISION-2011 by the School of Education, Lingaya’s University on 6 May 2011. Paper : “Complimentary Role of Teacher & the Society I the Education of a Child”.
- NAAC Sponsored National Conference on “Quality Assurance: Need of the Era” by the KRC of Higher Education, Narela, Delhi on 31 May. Presented paper on “ A Quality English Language Teacher”.
- National Conference on “Voice of the Voiceless: Subaltern Writings in English” on 16 & 17 Feb, 2013 by Brahmavart PG College, Mandhana, Kanpur; presented paper on “Pariah Consciousness: Study of Untouchable & God of Small Things”.
- Presented a paper on “Leadership in the Classroom” in the National Conference on Innovative Practices in Management Studies” organized by the Lingaya’s University, Faridabad on 22 Nov. 2013.
- Attended,”Higher Education”,CEGR, Mr. Philip Roshan,New Delhi, July 17,2014
- National Conference on “Multilingualism for Inclusive Education” by the NCERT, Delhi on 10-12 March2015.
- National Conference on Genres in Indian Novel on 7 & 8 August 2015 at Karnataka State Women’s University, PG Studies & Research Center.
- National Conference on “Language , Literature & Culture” by MRIU, Faridabad on 30 May 2015, presented paper on “Identity Loss and the Pain of Displacement – A Study of the Issues of Diaspora in Manhattan Music
Books Edited& Published
- Antony, Omana. Lingaya’s International Refereed Journal of English Language & Literature – Bi annual Journal, ISSN 2348-1617, Vol.1, Issue:1, February 2014.
- Antony, Omana. Lingaya’s International Refereed Journal of English Language & Literature – Bi annual Journal, ISSN 2348-1617, Vol.1, Issue:2, August 2014.
- Antony, Omana. Lingaya’s International Refereed Journal of English Language & Literature – Bi annual Journal, ISSN 2348-1617, Vol.2, Issue:1, February 2015.
- Antony, Omana. Lingaya’s International Refereed Journal of English Language & Literature – Bi annual Journal, ISSN 2348-1617, Vol.2, Issue:2, August 2015.
- Antony, Omana. Lingaya’s International Refereed Journal of English Language & Literature – Bi annual Journal, ISSN 2348-1617, Vol.3, Issue:1, February 2016.
- Antony, Omana. An Anthology on Catharsis, ed., ISBN 978-81-909732-9-8, August 2014
- Antony, Omana. The Proceedings of the National Conference on “NCUC-2012” , ed. ISBN 978-81-989732-6-7, February 2012.
- Antony, Omana. The Proceedings of the International Conference TISCELL-2014, ed. ISBN – 978-81-924212-5-4, February 2014.
- Antony, Omana. The Proceedings of the International conference ELLATH-2015 , ed.ISBN – 978-81-924212-7-8, February 2015.
- Antony, Omana. Proceedings of the International Conference MCSWELL-2016, ed. ISBN-978-93-823440-2-5, February 2016.
- One book of single authorship is under publication process
Papers Published in Journals & Books
- Antony, Omana.”Family Values in the Indian Diaspora:- A Study of Meena Alexander’s Manhattan Music ” in the ‘International Journal of Culture, Literature and Criticism’ – IJCLC –ISSN: 0976-1608 -November 2011(Print)
- Antony, Omana and Dewan, Suchi. “Mystical Treatment of Love in Emily Dickinson’s Poetry”, Research Spectrum –A Peer Reviewed National Journal –ISSN 0976-5964- February 2012 (Print)
- Antony, Omana. and Dewan, Suchi “Elements of Mysticism in Dickinson’s Poetic Technique” NEW ACADEMIA: An International Journal of English Language, Literature and Literary Theory: A Refereed Journal – ISSN 2277-3967- April 2012 (Print)
- Antony, Omana, Complementary Role of Teacher & the Society in the Education of Children” Lingaya’s Journal of Professional Studies –ISSN 0975-539X October 2012(Print)
- Antony, Omana .“The Role of the English Teachers : An Overview” , International Journal of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Research – ISSN: 2277-3630 –October 2012 (Online)
- Antony, Omana. “God of Small Things: A Tale of the Marginalized” Subaltern Speak – An International Refereed Journal of Postcolonial Studies – ISSN 2277-3959 July 2012 (Print)
- Antony, Omana .“The Image of New Woman in Anita Nair’s Ladies Coupe” in The Literati– A Peer Reviewed Journal of Language & Literature – ISSN 2248-9576- December 2012(Print)
- Antony, Omana “Indianism in Nissim Ezekiel: A Study of Night of the Scorpion, The Professor and The Patriot” VIRTUOSO: A Refereed Transnational Bi-annual Journal of Language and Literature in English –ISSN 2249-6076- February 2013(Print)
- . Antony, Omana and Dewan, Suchi “Emily Dickinson’s Perspectives on Death: A Study of Emily Dickinson’s Poems on Death” Lapis Lazuli -An International Literary journal – ISSN 2249-4529 –November 2012 (online)
- Antony, Omana ,“Narrative Technique in Anita Nair’s Ladies Coupe” VIRTUOSO: A Refereed Transnational Bi-annual Journal of Language and Literature in English – ISSN 2249-6076- November 2012 (Online)
- Antony, Omana .“Contemporary Role of Teachers & the Society in the Education of Children” Lingaya’s Journal of Professional Studies, ISSN: 0975-539X, Vol.5,No.2, September 2012.(Print)
- Antony, Omana “How to Make English Teaching & Learning A Pleasant and Exciting Experience for Technical Students” International Conference Proceedings of Vel Tech University , Chennai. February 2012(Print)
- Antony, Omana ,“Skills, Roles and Challenges of a Language Teacher in Technical Education” in the International Conference proceedings on Role And Responsibilities of Humanities in Technical Education by SRM Universities Gaziabad. January 2012(Print)
- Antony, Omana, “Class-room Management & Its Effectiveness” in the Proceedings of the U.G.C sponsored National Conference on Models of Teachings. January 2012 (Print)
- Antony, Omana, “Technology Assisted Language Learning” in the book Role of ICT in English Language Teaching and Learning: Observations and Ruminations by Prashant Mothe and Arvind M.Nawale, ISBN-9789382647-00-3, 2014.(Print)
- Antony, Omana “Femininity vs Feminism in the Diaspora” Anthology Diasporic Identity in Commonwealth Literature, ed. , Dr.Nibedita Mukherjee & Arvind M.Nawale, ISBN-978-81-7273-726-9, 2014. (Print)
- Antony, Omana, “My Story: A Naked Portrait of Womanhood” Autobiographies, Biographies and Memoirs in English, ed. Pristine Waves ISBN – 978-93-81030-48-6 – March 2013.
- Antony, Omana, “Female Characterization in Anita Nair” ‘International Journal of Culture, Literature and Criticism’ IJCLC – ISSN- 0976-1608
- Antony, Omana, “Indian Femininity in the Diaspora: A Study of Meena Alexander’s Manhattan Music” IJELL ISSN-2321-1164 Internationally Refereed Journal, January 2015. (online)
- Antony, Omana, “A Study of Feminine Issues in God of Small Things” in IJSSIR, International Refereed Journal, November 2013(online)
- Antony, Omana, “Pariah Consciousness: A Study of The Untouchable & The God of Small Things” in Ars Artium – International Refereed Journal, ISSN 2319-7889 February 2014 (print)
- Antony, Omana, “Teaching Poetry through Visualization – An Effective Tool for Language Generation”, ADHIKAR –ISSN 2231-2552, August 2014 (print)
- “English Language Teaching in Professional Courses: A Practical Approach”, The Confluence Journal ISSN- 2250 -138X – May 2014
- “Indianism in Nissim Ezekiel: A Study of Night of The Scorpion, The Professor and The Patriot;,VIRTUOSO: A Refereed Transnational Bi-Annual Journal Of Language and Literature in English, ISSN: 2249- 6076, August 2014