- M. Phil in English, 1997, Punjabi University Patiala
- M.A. English, 1992, , Punjabi University Patiala
- B.Ed, 1990, Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak
- B.Sc. (Medical), 1987, Punjabi University Patiala
- August 1994-October 1994: S D College for women, Moga (Punjab)
- January 2000-February 2000: Gita Vidya Mandir, Sonepat
- 2000- 2003: S D College for Women, Moga (Punjab)
- 2003- 2004: Guru Nanak College, Moga (Punjab)
- 2005- 2012: S D College for Women, Moga (Punjab)
- 2012-2013: Assistant Professor, World Institute of Technology, Gurgaon
- 2013 till present: Assistant Professor, K R Mangalam University, Gurgaon
Since 1994, she has taught various branches of English ranging from Literary Criticism, Indian Writings, Communication Skills and Practical Skills in Communication in Language Lab and Women Studies. She enjoys reading and encourages students to develop the same interest. Her previous institution gave her the responsibility to start post-graduation programme in English as there was no other institution in the district offering the same course. Being a college in the rural area, it was a challenge to start English subject at the post graduate level for girl students. After a span of almost 6 years, in 2012, when she left the institution, there were 80+ girl students in M.A. English. Further, the students made the institution proud by securing 1st and 3rd positions in Panjab University examinations. Needless to say, they made their mark by beating students of urban cities like Chandigarh and Ludhiana, crowning a feather in the cap of rural institutions for girl students.
- Indian writings
- Communication Skills
- Indian writings
- Communication Skills
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
- Awarded grant of Rs. 5,19,075/- by University Grants Commission (UGC)for conducting Five Day Residential Workshop on “Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education” (December 17th to 21st 2010). The institution was the first in Punjab State to hold this type of workshop).
- Trained by University Grant Commission (UGC) under Training of Trainers Workshop (April 19th to 24th 2010) at University of Jammu for conducting UGC sponsored workshop.
- Attended a 5 day residential UGC sponsored workshop at Post Graduate Govt. College Chandigarh.
- Delivered a lecture on “Managing Personal & Professional Roles” at Guru Nanak Khalsa Girls College, Goraya (Punjab) on 22/2/2012.
- Transected manual in UGC sponsored workshop at PG Govt. college for Girls, Chandigarh on 12/1/2012.
- Transacted Manual “Managing Personal & Professional Roles” at UGC sponsored workshop organized by Women’s Studies Center, Punjabi University Patiala on January 20th, 2011.
- Invited as a Resource Person for UGC sponsored workshop “Capacity Building of Women Managers in Higher Education” on August 26th 2011 at Punjabi University Patiala (Punjab).
- Special invitee for UGC sponsored workshop at Kamala Nehru College for Women; Phagwara (Punjab)
- Participated in Symposium on “Trends in Post – Independence Indian English Literature” organized by Sahitya Akademi New Delhi.
- Selected by “The Indian Association for Canadian Studies” to attend workshop on Canadian Studies at M. S. University of Baroda
- Attended UGC sponsored National Seminar on “Indian Diasporic Writings in English” at GGN Khalsa College Ludhiana
- Attended Faculty Development Program: E-governance, Ecopreneurship and Green IT in Technical Institutions – conducted by National Institute of Technical Teachers and Research, Chandigarh
- Acted as Coordinator of UGC cell of the college since 2010 to 2012
- Coordinator of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of college since 2009 to 2012
- Worked as Secretary IQAC for 3 years.
- Coordinator of Career and Placement Cell of college since 2008 to2012.
- In charge of Parents Teachers Association of the college.
- Chief Editor of the college magazine “Srishti” for the session 2011-2012 & Editor of the English section of the college magazine for 2 years.
- Organized inter college competition & workshops in the college.
- Worked as Center Superintendent for conducting Panjab university examination (Both annual & supplementary)
- Convener, Rhetorica, English Literary Society
- Member, Committee against Sexual Harassment
- Designed Curriculum for Communication Skills and B. A. (Hons.) English
- Rechristening Indian Cinema: Focus on Social Responsibility and Social Welfare”: Two Day International Conference on “Making Connections: Social Welfare in the Context of English Language and Literature – A Global Perspective” on February 26 and 27, 2016 at Lingaya’s University Faridabad.
- Ismat Chugtai: A Progressive and Feminist Writer, National Seminar on Progressive Works in Indian English Literature, 03rd to 5th December 2015, Central University of Haryana, Mahendergarh .
- Need for Women Leadership, UGC National Seminar ON “WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP: A GENDER PERSPECTIVE” 5th – 6th March, 2015, Centre for Women’s Studies, Gandhigram Rural Institute, Gandhigram, Dindigul (District) Tamil Nadu.
- Media & Literature – Impact & depiction of women & children, International conference on Women and Child Issues: National and International Perspectives-( Feb 11-12, 2011), Punjabi University Patiala.
- Robust Optimism in Robert Browning’s “The Last Ride Together” International Journal of English Language ,Literature and Humanities ,Volume III, Issue III, May 2015
- Oppression, Jealousy and Murder in Robert Browning’s ‘My Last Duchess’ The Criterion: International Journal in English, June 2015, Vol 6 issue III
- Celebration of Love and Romance in ‘As You like It ’ International Journal of English Language ,Literature and Humanities Volume III, Issue IV, June 2015
- The Lady of Shallot: Tennyson’s Advocacy of Human Affection ,International Journal of English Language ,Literature and Humanities Volume III, Issue VI, August 2015