- Ph.D. from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (2017).
- LL.M. in Business Laws from NLSIU, Bangalore (2008-10).
- LL.B. from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi (2003-08).
- General Course on Intellectual Property Rights from the WIPO Academy, 2008.
- 5th Summer Course on International Law from Indian Society of International Law, 2006.
- UGC NET with JRF
- January, 2017 – till date: Assistant Professor, K. R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon
- January, 2012 – June, 2015: Assistant Professor, Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
- June, 2010 – December, 2011: Consultant, OSC Services (wholly owned subsidiary of Clifford Chance, UK), Gurgaon
Kavita, after completing her post-graduation in Business Laws from NLSIU, worked as a Consultant at OSC Services Limited, Gurgaon, wherein she was seconded to London and Singapore offices of Clifford Chance. At OSC, she was primarily involved in reviewing commercial contracts, conducting due diligence for various international companies, drafting legal opinions for the clients and preparing research memorandums.
Thereafter, she worked as an Assistant Professor at Faculty of Law, University of Delhi for 3.5 years. At the Law Faculty, she taught post graduate students Company Law, Arbitration Law, Contract Law, Negotiable Instruments and Property Law amongst others. Since January 2017, she is working as an Assistant Professor with K. R. Mangalam University. She has presented papers in various national conferences and published research papers in law journals.
Business and Commercial laws
Business and Commercial laws
1.Organised and attended 7th International Women Conference and Awards conducted by All India Council of Human Rights, Liberties and Social Justice on 8th March, 2017.
2.Organised and attended Advanced Level International Workshop on IPR at LC-I, Delhi University on 26th-27th February 2012.
3.Organised and attended International Conference on IPR at LC-I, Delhi University on 24th-25th February 2012.
4.Participated in Workshop on WTO Dispute Settlement, organised by UNCTAD-Ministry of Commerce & Industry of India, on 4th -6th May, 2009.
5.Participated in IP Week special lectures organised by MHRD Chair on Intellectual Property Rights, NLSIU, on 24th-25th April, 2009.
6.Organised and attended seminar on Judicial Reforms at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi held on February 23rd-24th, 2008, conducted by the Confederation of Indian Bar.
7.Attended National Seminar on WTO and Indian Economy: Basis of the New World Trade Order on 24th-25th January, 2004 held at Indian Law Institute, New Delhi.
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
- Academic Excellence Award 2005-06 for securing 2nd Position in 3rd Year of LL. B. (H).
- Academic Excellence Award 2003-04 for securing 2nd Position in 1st Year of LL. B. (H).
- Certificate of Merit by CBSE under the National Scholarship Scheme in recognition of the High Position in the CBSE SSE in 2001.
- Enforcing Child Rights in India, UGC National Seminar on Human Rights: Issues and Challenges in 21st Century, organised by Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, on 29-30 March, 2015.
- PPP in the Energy Sector – India’s Future, UGC National Seminar on Public Private Partnership in Global Perspective, organised by Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, on 22-23 April, 2013.
- Mergers and Acquisitions under the Companies Bill, 2011, UGC National Seminar on Mergers and Acquisitions in Global Scenario, organised by Kamala Nehru College, University of Delhi, on 17-18, August, 2012.
Corporate Social Responsibility – A Legal Perspective, UGC National Seminar on Corporate Social Responsibility, organised by Kirori Mal College, University of Delhi, on 24-25 August, 2012