Ever since the beginning of major civilizations, management of financial resources has always remainedan important aspect in their growth and prosperity. It is the essential lifeblood of any civilization and its systematic functioning, and therefore holds huge importance. Today, in the present century, the technological revolution has created a complex global economy that entirely depends on financial resources and their proper management. The extensive use of paper currency, assets, and the introduction of digital currency has created a complex network that requires the expertise of professionals who are adept at handling and managing financial resources efficiently. Such professionals are currently in demand all around the globe in every sphere of the industrialized sector and non-profit organizations as well, opening up a huge opportunity for graduates in the financial sector.
Career openings for Finance graduates
Finance management deals in the field of a fast flowing network of monetary resources, allocation of funds, investment in assets, and predicting risk and liabilities of new ventures. It also involves managing and recording details to the micro level in the capital funds and maintaining treasury records. A finance manager is also involved in damage control of losses and analyzing new ventures of profits to determine its risks and benefits in a calculative way.
With the job openings in such a lucrative sector soaring, it has today created a plethora of opportunity for MBA graduates in finance, which also happens to be one of the oldest disciplines in management courses. The career options that MBA financestudents can explore upon graduation are numerous, some of the most trending ones of which arebriefly described below:
- Financial analyst: Crucial to the industrial sector, a financial analyst performs the vital job of analyzing expense and profits and is also involved in carrying out detailed risk assessments of future ventures by the company. With an expected salary of INR 5 to 7 lacs per annum, it holds a great opportunity for those seeking to start their career in the financial sector.
- Budget analyst: The main role of such a professional is to keep a track record of the annual expenditure by the company from allocated funds and prepare reports on the basis of complex financial data that helps to determine the budgeting for the following year. With a basic starting pay of INR 5.5 to 7.5 lacs, it is a very desirable profession attracting many finance management graduates.
- Personal financial advisor:The profile of a personal financial advisor, considered as one of the most highly paid jobs in the financial sector,also holds a great opportunity for entrepreneurship. The adviser may choose to work with a firm or may establish his/her own. He or she is mainly involved in providing financial advice to families and strategizing private resources. With an annual income of over INR 6 lacs p.a. it is one of the most attractive profiles for finance graduates.
- Financial manager: As the title of the profession suggests, a financial manager is responsible for managing the financial resources of a company. It is a multifaceted role where the manager keeps track of expenditure, project ventures, investments, and profit returns. With a salary package of more than INR 6 lacs per annum, it is a very lucrative option for professionals in the field.
- Chief Financial Officers: Considered as the pinnacle of financial careers, a CFO is in charge of the overall financial expense, budgeting, and financing project ventures of a company. A CFO works in close contact with the administrators and board of directors in a company providing reports and realistic financial goals for the company. Though this post requires extensive experience in the industry, it is still the future goal of many with a handsome salary range of up to INR 12 lacs p.a. depending on the organization.
The aforementioned career options are some of the best among many other career paths available for MBA finance graduates. In the highly competitive world of today, it is very important that students know about the possible career options that they can explore post the completion of their studies, so that they can accordingly prepare and take maximum advantage of the options available to them.
The financial sector is currently a growing part of our economy and therefore provides a plethora of opportunity to the students. Today, almost every company needs efficient managers who can systematically organize and allocate funds for proper evaluation. But just as much these profiles seem to be lucrative, they also have a lot of intricacies involved which demand the professionals to have high standards of knowledge and practical skills.This is where we, the K.R. Mangalam University, stand as one of the best management colleges in Gurgaon, particularly known for our industry-centric, practical oriented management education. As a top ranked MBA University in Haryana, we make sure that our students are up to date with the current trends in the market and are provided the advanced training that will help them grow in the industry. With the help of our highly experienced and well-trained faculty, state of the art laboratories, seminars, group discussions, and high-value internships, we strive to provide our students with all the essentials that are necessary to attain success. Our studentsare armed with the necessary skills that aid them to carve a better future for themselves and reach the pinnacle of success in the competitive world.