Higher Education Technology Conference
“HIGHER EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY CONFERENCE& EXPO DELHI 2018” attended by Prof. IndraniBasu, Dean, School of Architecture & Planning, K. R. Mangalam University.
The ‘Higher Education Technology Conference” was held in Hotel Leela Ambience, Gurgaon, on 21st June, 2018. Prof. Indrani Ghoshal Basu, Dean, School of Architecture & Planning was invited to attend the conference.
Higher Education Technology Conference, Delhi | 2018 is a one day conference with forward-looking themes in the global higher education landscape. Sessions and Panel discussions werefocused on mapping and meeting future demand for higher education, the rise of higher education in India (and beyond), challenges to traditional modes of education, and how higher education can stay relevant in the face of resource challenges. The Conference brought together some 200 participants from over various cities, representing senior government officials, higher education administrators, academics and practitioners, for an engaging exchange of ideas and best practices to discuss the changes required to run successful institutions in this digital age.
With the central theme of “Running Colleges and Universities in the Digital Age”, the day was an array of sessions, panel discussion and case study presentations on the effective use of technology in colleges and universities along with quality exploration, exhibition and networking breaks.
Some of the topics from the agenda:
Keynote :- Running colleges & universities in the digital age
Industry :- Academia collaborations to strengthen the higher education
Panel :- Trends in Higher Education Admissions, Student Recruitment and Enrolment, Institution Branding and Marketing
How Data Sciences, Technology and Innovative Learning Models can help Colleges Improve their Students’ Employability
Panel :- Unleashing the Potential of MOOCs, Distance & Online Learning and Blended Learning
Innovative :- Learning Models to Improve Student’s Employability and Career
Panel :- Skill Development, University-Industry Interaction to Boost Employability: What Role Does Technology Play?
Panel :- Engaging and Assessing Students by Leveraging Technology
Speakers from the industry included:
- Raghunath K Shevgaonkar, VICE CHANCELLOR, BENNETT UNIVERSITY
- Raj Singh, VICE CHANCELLOR, ANSAL UNIVERSITY
- (Dr.) ShriHari, VICE CHANCELLOR, GD GOENKA UNIVERSITY
- P. Srinivasan, HOD, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, BITS PILANI
- Ramesh Kanwar, VICE CHANCELLOR, LOVELY PROFESSIONAL UNIVERSITY
- Manpreet Singh Manna, DIRECTOR (SWAYAM & PMSSS), AICTE, MHRD NEW DELHI
- KunwarShekharVijendra, CO-FOUNDER AND CHANCELLOR, SHOBHIT UNIVERSITY
- AtulKhosla, FOUNDER & PRO-VICE CHANCELLOR, SHOOLINI UNIVERSITY
- A. K. Bakhshi, VICE-CHANCELLOR, PDM UNIVERSITY
- RanjitGoswami, PRO-VICE-CHANCELLOR, SHARDA UNIVERSITY
- (Dr.) AmitRai, DEAN ACADEMICS, IAMR
- Ambrish Singh, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT – SHIKSHA.COM
- Sachin Juneja, HEAD – MARKETING AND ADMISSIONS OUTREACH, APEEJAY STYA UNIVERSITY
- AmitBhatti, MARKETING & PLACEMENTS, THAPAR UNIVERSITY
- VimalRarh, JOINT DIRECTOR, GURU ANGAD DEV TEACHING LEARNING CENTRE OF MHRD, GOVT. OF INDIA
The conference was announced byEdTechReview based on its community feedback that having opportunities to connect and collaborate with peers and other like-minded educators is a must for educational leaders today.