Dr. Brijesh Kumar
Dean Academics and Dean SOET
• Ph.D. (Computer), 2003-2009 from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in Network Simulation
• M.Tech. (Computer Technology), 1999-2001 from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
• M.Tech. (Applied Geophysics), 1993-1996 from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
• B.Sc. (Computer Science), 1990-1993 from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra
• 1996-1998 : Geophysicist, Tojo Vikas International, New Delhi
• 1998-1999 : Asstt. Technical Manager, STG, New Delhi
• 2000-2001 : Lecturer, Institute of Technology and Science, Ghaziabad
• 2001-2004 : Lecturer(IT and MCA), Lingaya’s IMT, Faridabad
• 2004-2007 : Asstt. Prof.(IT and MCA), Lingaya’s IMT, Faridabad
• 2007-2009 : Associate Professor(IT), Lingaya’s IMT, Faridabad
• 2009-2014 : Professor(CSE & IT) , Lingaya’s University, Faridabad
• 2014-2015 : Director, Lingaya’s GVKS IMT, Faridabad
• 2015-2015 : Professor(CSE), Lingaya’s GVKS IMT, Faridabad
• 2015- : Dean (SOET) and Professor(CSE), SOET, K R Mangalam University, Gurgaon
Prior to joining K.R.Mangalam University, Gurgaon, Dr. Brijesh Kumar, worked with Lingaya's group on various positions including Head (IT/MCA), Professor(CSE), Associate Dean, Dean Academics and Dean R&D and Director subsequently. Prior to Lingaya's group, Faridabad, Dr. Kumar worked with ITS , STG and TVI. He has got more than 20 years of experience in academics, Industry and Research.
Prof. Kumar, completed Ph.D(2009) in Computer Science in the area of Network Simulation from Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra. He has done M.Tech. In Computer Sc.(2001) and M.Tech. In Applied Geophysics(1996) from Kurukshetra University.
Dr. Brijesh Kumar has guided five Ph.D. Students and more than two dozen M.Tech. Dissertations. He is member of various professional bodies and societies viz. CSI, IEEE, ACM, ISTE, IAE, IACSIT. He has successfully conducted three International Conferences and published more than 50 research papers in various International/National Journals and International/National Conferences. He has been conducting faculty development programs twice every year once in December/January and June/July each. His area of interest includes Free and open source software, computer networks, integrated networks and network simulation. He has delivered more than two dozen talks and key note addresses in these areas at various platforms. In addition to teaching conventional CS courses like Data Structures, Computer Networks, Databases and Web Development, he has developed a course on Open sources based rapid application development. He enjoys and encourages creative interdisciplinary work. He is very passionate about contributing for creation of high quality higher educational programs by emphasizing on (i) setting up high expectations, (ii) pedagogies of engagement (iii) active and inductive learning approaches, and (iv) interdisciplinary & integrated curriculum. His main goals are:
1. Contribute in the transformation of higher education especially technical education in India by bringing a higher focus on pedagogies of engagement.
2. Contribute to bring computing closer to society, humanities, education, and arts.
3. Encourage entrepreneurship among engineering students.
He feels very fortunate to have closely worked and interacted with a very large number of stalwarts and luminaries from various top institutions of the country in various disciplines – Engineering (almost all sub fields), Management and Social Sciences.
He has been actively involved in curriculum design for university level courses.
1.Computer Networks and Simulation,
2.Free and Open Source Software,
3. Web Technologies
1. “Reliable Data using Anonymous Location Aided Routing in MANET”, Monika Khatkar, Nisha Phogat, Brijesh kumar, International Conference on Reliability, Infocomm Technologies and Optimization (ICRITO-2014), Amity University, Noida, ISBN : 978-93-83083-99-2, pp 506-510, October 8-10' 2014.
2. “Ant Based Cluster Head Election Algorithm in Wireless Sensor Network to avoid redundancy”, Tripti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, Berry K, Dhawan A., Fourth International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies(CSNT), Bhopal, ISBN:978-1-4799-3069-2, DOI: 10.1109/CSNT.2014.25, pp.83-88, April 7-9' 2014
3. “Performance Comparison of LEACH, SEP and DEEC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Network", Tripti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, Geetam Singh Tomar, International Conference on advances in Computer Science and electronics engineering( ICSSEE), ISSN : 978 – 981 - 07-1403-1, Vol , No.1, Feb 2012
4. “Scheduling Algorithms in a WiMax Network”, Brijesh Kumar, Pooja Gupta, IEEE Conference on Advance Computing and Communication Technologies, ieeeexplore, ACCT-2012, ISBN: 978-0-7695-4640-7, DOI:10.1109/ACCT.2012.99, Rohtak, pp 457-462, January 2012. (8 Citations)
5. “Artificial Intelligence manifolds into Expert System” , Brijesh Kumar, Poonam Shingote, Proc. Of National Conf. On Emerging Trends in Power System and Energy Management, NCPSEM, Lingaya's University, Faridabad, 2010.
6. “An Introduction To Cluster Computing Using Mobile Nodes”, Priti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, Pooja Gupta, IEEE sponsored Second International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering & Technology, DOI:10.1109/ICETET.2009.28, E-ISBN:978-0-7695-3884-6, Print-ISBN:978-1-4244-5250-7, ICETE, pp.670-673, December 2009.(1 Citation)
7. “Human Identification using Gait Shape”, Naveen Rohila, Brijesh Kuumar, Naresh Chauhan, Proc. Of International Conference on Recent Trends in Computing and Communication, KCG College of Technology, Chennai, pp74-84, December 18-19' 2009.
8. “Human Identification using Gait”, Naveen Rohila, Brijesh Kuumar, Naresh Chauhan, Proc. Of National Conference on Recent Trends in network Security and Cryptography,PES Institute of Technology, Banglore,, pp146-153, October 22-23' 2009.
9. “QoS Issues Evaluation in MPLS Networks” , Gagandeep, Ashwini Kush, Brijesh Kumar, proceedings of 3rd international conference on advanced computing and communication technologies ICACCT 08, held at Panipat, India . PP 395-398, Nov 8-9, 2008.
10. ”Power Control Solution in Mobile Adhoc Network” , Krishan kumar, Dr.Parvinder Singh, Brijesh Kumar, JaiParkash, accepted for proc. of International Conference on Database Management held at IMT Ghaziabad, 22-24 Feb. 2008.
11. “Destination Frequency Analysis for Wireless Mobile AdHoc Networks”, Mukesh Kumar, Krishan Kumar, Brijesh Kumar. , in proc. of National Conference at ITS Ghaziabad, Feb.9, 2008.
12. “Traffic source modeling for a multiservice network”, Suri, P.K., Sharma, K.D., Kumar B., Proc. Of IEEE sponsored International conf. on advances in Computer Vision and Information Technology, Aurangabad(MS) India, 28-30 November 2007.
13. “Multi Protocol Label Switching in Networks” , Gagandeep, Ashwini Kush, Brijesh Kumar, proceedings of 2nd International conference on advanced computing and communication technologies ICACCT 07, held at Panipat, India . PP 129-133, Nov 3-4, 2007
14. “Network analysis and capacity planning with NS2”, P.K.Suri, Brijesh Kumar, Priya Goyal, proc. Of two Day National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Computer Sciences”, Krishna Institute of Engineering Technology(KIET), Ghaziabad, 11-12 November 2006.
15. ”Capacity Analysis and Planning with the help of Network Simulation”, P.K.Suri, Brijesh Kumar, Priya Goyal, proc. Of One Day National Seminar on “Emerging Trends in Networking Technology”, CITM, Faridabad, 2 September 2006.
16. “Simulation of Improved ATM Switch using Dynamic Buffer Sharing and Multiprocessing”, P.K.Suri, K.D.Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, Proc. Of The International Conference on Modeling, simulation & visualization methods(MSV’06), at Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 26-29 June, 2006,ISBN:1-60132-010-8, pp 122-128.(same paper accepted for publication in Journal of Computer Science, published by Computer Society of India.)
17. “Simulating Ultra Large Networks”, P.K.Suri, K.D.Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, Proc. Of Th International Conference on Modeling, simulation & visualization methods(MSV’06), at Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 26-29 June, 2006
18. “HR-Outsourcing in the service sector”, Rinku Sanjeev and Brijesh Kumar, Proc. Of 2nd PCMA International Conference-2006 on “Service Sector-The Next Wave”, at DAV College Jallandar, Punjab, 25-27 February 2006.
19. “Education: The emerging Service Sector”, Balbir Singh and Brijesh Kumar, Proc. Of 2nd PCMA International Conference-2006 on “Service Sector-The Next Wave”, at DAV College Jallandar, Punjab, 25-27 February 2006.
20. “Web Page Compression: An Approach for faster Page Transfer to Client Machine”, P.K.Suri, Brijesh Kumar, Mr. Pranay Goyal, Proc. Of National Seminar on Information & Communication Technology Recent Advances & Applications(ICT 2006), at Seth Jai Prakash Mukund Lal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Radaur(Yamunanagar), Haryana, 9-11 February 2006.
21. “Outsouring of 360-degree performance appraisal in academic institutions”, Brijesh Kumar and Dr. Rinku Sanjeev, Proc. Of National Seminar on Strategic Outsourcing at APJIM, Jallandhar, Proceedings published as Book “Strategic Outsourcing”, ISBN:81-7629-963-4, pp 416-428, Dec’ 2005.
22. “Scalable & Portable Approach to call center database management in networking environment”, Dr. P.K.Suri, Brijesh Kumar, Proc. Of National Seminar on application of IT at Maullana(Ambala), Haryana, 20-22 October 2005.
1 "Fuzzy based Ant Colony Optimisation Algorithm in Wireless Personal Network”, G.S.Tomar, Tripti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, Wireless Personal Communcation, Springer, ISSN:0929-6212, (Impact Factor: 0.923, SCI Inexed, Scopus Indexed), pp.1-15, May 28' 2015
2. “Particle Swarm Optimization based cluster head election approach for wireless sensor network” Tripti Sharma, G.S.Tomar, Brijesh Kumar, Ishaan Berry, International Journal of Smart Devices and Appliance(IJSDA), ISSN: 2255-8977, Vol 2, No. 2, pp.11-24, December 2014.
3. “Performance improvement of ad-hoc Networks using Multi-Interface, Multi-Channel MAC and Routing protocols”, Sumit kumar, Brijesh Kumar, Ruchi Garg, International Journal for Research in Applied Science and Engineering Technology(IJRASET) ISSN:2321-9653, Impact Factor 0.438(2012) Vol.2, No.4, pp.227-232, June 2014.
4. “IC-ACO: Inter cluster Ant colony Optimization Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Network in Dense Environment”, Jung-Yoon Kim, Tripti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, G. S. Tomar, Karan Berry, and W Lee, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks (IJDSN), ISSN: 1550-1329 (Print), ISSN: 1550-1477 (Online), Impact Factor 0.923(2012), vol. 2014, Article ID 457402, 22 Feb 2014. (10 Citations, SCI Index, Scopus Index)
5. “Qos Assured Downlink propotional fair scheduler for mitigation of starvation for nrtPS and BE in Wi-Max Networks”, Neha Kak, Brijesh Kumar, Pooja Gupta, Triveni Raina, International Journal of Advanced Research in IT and Engineering, ISSN:2278-6244, Impact Factor 0.489(2012) Vol.3, No.1, pp.9-28, Jan 2014.
6. “FBRA: Fuzzy based Redundancy avoidance protocol in densely deployed wireless sensor Network”, International Journal of Smart Device and Appliance, ISSN:2288-8977, Vol.1, No. 1, pp.1-16, December 2013.(1 Citation)
7. “An Efficient Condensed Cluster Stable Election protocol in wireless sensor Networks” International Journal of Smart Devices and Appliance(ISSN:2288-8977), Vol.1, No. 1, pp.17-28, December 2013.(4 Citations)
8. “Performance Analysis of Layer three protocols”, Kusum Sorot, Brijesh kumar, Sheetal Mahajan, Asian Journal of Research in Social Sciences and Humanities, ISSN(online):2249-7315, ISSN(print):2250-1665, Impact Factor 0.315(2014), Vol 3(9), pp.249-258, September 2013.
9. “Multiple Downlink Fair Packet Scheduling Scheme in Wi-Max”, Pooja Gupta, Brijesh Kumar, B.L.Raina, International Journal of Computer Applications Technology Research (IJCATR), ISSN: 2319–8656, (Impact Factor: 0.3) doi:10.7753/IJCATR0204.1001, Vol2, issue 4, pp.389- 395, July-August 2013.
10. "Downlink Scheduling Delay analysis of RTPS to NRTPS and BE Services in WiMax", Triveni Raina, Brijesh Kumar, Pooja Gupta, B.L.Raina, International Journal of Advanced Research in IT and Engineering, Impact Factor 0.489(2012), ISSN:2278-6244, Vol2, No.6,pp.47-63, June 2013.
11. “OCEA: An Optimal Cluster Energy Aware Routing Protocol for Wireless Sensor Networks”, Tripti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, International Journal of Emerging Sciences (IJES), ISSN: 2222-4254,Impact Factor:0.455(2012), Vol.(3), Issue 1., pp.95-107, March 2013.(2-Citations)
12. “QoS Support Downlink for WiMAX Network”, Pooja Gupta, Brijesh Kumar, B.L.Raina, Quality Reliability, Security and Robustness in Heterogeneous Networks, LNICS, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, ISSN:1867-8211, DOI:10.1007/978-3-642-37949-9_85, Vol.115, pp. 989-997,January 2013. (1 Citation)
13. “Comparative Study and Performance Enhancement of Scaled out Cloud Architecture”, D.S.Chauhan, Manjeet Gupta, Brijesh Kumar, International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science(IJETTCS),ISSN:2278-6856, Vol.1, No.4, pp.24-29, Dec 2012.
14. “F-MCHEL: Fuzzy Based Master Cluster Head Election Leach Protocol in Wireless Sensor Network”, Tripti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, International Journal of Computer Science and Telecommunications ( IJCST ), ISSN: 2047-3338, Vol. 3, No.10, pp. 8-13,October 2012. ( 7 citations)
15. “Performance Comparison of LEACH, SEP and DEEC Protocols in Wireless Sensor Network", Tripti Sharma, Brijesh Kumar, UACEE International Journal of Advances in Computer Networks and its Security having ISSN:2250-3757, Vol , No.1, May 2012.(5 Citations)
16. “Web Page Compression using Huffman Encoding Techniques”, Manjeet Gupta, Brijesh Kumar, International Journal of Computer Applications, ISSN: 973-93-80887-14-8, pp10-12, May 2012.
17. “Abnormal Gait Recognition” , Naveen Rohilla, Brijesh Kumar, Journal of Professional Studies ISSN : 0975539x, Vol 3, No.2, pp 59-67, January-June 2010.
18. “Abnormal Gait Recognition”, Naveen Rohilla, Brijesh Kumar, Naresh Chauhan, International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering, ISSN online: 0975-3397, ISSN print:2229-5631, vol2, no5, pp1544-1551, 2010 (11 citations)
19. “Logic Program: A case study on life science”, Poonam Shingote, Brijesh Kumar, B.L.Raina, Lingaya's Journal of Professional Studies, ISSN: 0975-539X, 2010.
20. “Design and Simulation of Security Sub-layer of WMAN IEEE 802.16 Standard (Wi-Max Compliant)”, Rajat Sheel Jain, Neeraj Kumar, Brijesh Kumar, Information and communication Technologies, Vol. No. 101, Part 1, pp.1-7, DOI: 10.1007/ 978- 3- 642 – 15766 - 0_1, May 2010.
21. “Future Trends in Wireless World”, Gagandeep, Ashwini Kush, Brijesh Kumar, CSI Communications Vol. No. 34, Issue No. 2, PP 21-23, May 2010.
22. Proposal for low cost wireless networks”, Gagandeep, Aswini Kush, Brijesh Kumar, Int. Journal of Computing and Business Research, ISSN:2229-6166, Vol.1, No.1, pp.1-10, December 2010.
23. “Energy challenges and solutions in Wireless Adhoc Networks”, Krishan Kumar, Dr. Parvinder Singh, Brijesh Kumar,Vasuda Vashisht, SOCH-Mastnath Journal of Science & Technology,Vol.2, pp.50-53, Dec-Jan2008.
24. “Simulation of Cell Scheduling in case of Multi-priority, ATM Traffic in Multi-Queues, using multiple processes”, Suri P.K., Sharma K.D., Kumar B., International Journal of Computing and Applications, Vol 2, No.2, pp.193-198, December 2007.
25. “Estimation of Run Length for Simulation of an ATM Switch”, Suri, P.K., Sharma K.D., Kumar B., International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security(IJCSNS), Korea, ISSN:1738-7906, Vol 7, No 12, pp.247-250, December 2007. (9 Citations)
26. “Analysis of Power control Scheme, Routing Protocol and Link Scheduling in Mobile Adhoc Network”, Parvinder Singh, Sathan Suhag, Krishan Kumar, Brijesh Kumar, International Journal of Computer Sc.and Network Security, Korea, ISSN: 1738-7906, Vol 7, NO. 8, pp 267-272, 2007.
27. “Artificial Traffic Generation for a MultiService Network”, P.K.Suri ,K.D.Sharma,Brijesh Kumar, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Korea, ISSN: 1738-7906, Vol 7, No.4,pp.250-254, April 2007. (3 Citations)
28. “Generation of Synthetic Accelograms by modeling of rupture plane”, Anand Joshi, Brijesh Kumar, A.Sinvhal and H.Sinvhal, ISET Journal of Earthquake Technology, Paper No. 390, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp.43-60, March 1998(Best Paper Award). (14 Citations)