Ms. Asha Sohal
• M. Tech. (Information Technology), 2008-2011 from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
• B.Tech. (Computer Science Engineering), 1999-2003 from Kurukshetra University
• 2003-2004 : Co-ordinator, Computer science Deptt. DIET, Madina , Rohtak
• 2004-2006 : Lecturer, Department (CSE & IT), SITM, Rewari
• 2006-2007 : Trainer, Infinite Softcom Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon
• 2007-2008 : Lecturer, Department (CSE & IT), GITM, Gurgaon
• 2008-2011 : Assistant Professor, Department (CSE & IT), KIIT, Gurgaon
• 2011-2013 : Assistant Professor, Department (CSE & IT), Amity University, Manesar, Gurgaon
• 2013- Till now : Associate Professor, Department of CSE, K. R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon
Since 2003, she has taught many courses to computer science students at DIET, SITM, GITM, KIIT, Amity University and K. R. Mangalam University. In addition to teaching conventional CS courses like Computer networks, Data Structures, Computer Graphics, operating systems, C, C++ and computer fundamentals.
She enjoys and encourages creative interdisciplinary work. She is very passionate about contributing for creation of high quality higher educational programs by emphasizing on (i) setting up high expectations, (ii) pedagogies of engagement (iii) active and inductive learning approaches, and (iv) interdisciplinary & integrated curriculum.
She is the coordinator of Computer Society of India (CSI) and she is coordinator of Time Table committee.
1. Computer Networks
2. Operating Systems
3. Mobile ADhoc Networks
4. Computer Graphics
5. Computer Architecture & Organization
6. Theory of Automata and Computation
1. Certified iOS development training Programme at Bengaluru from 20th July to 30th July, 2015.
2. Sugam Yadav, Asha Sohal, “Handwritten Character Recognition using Neural Network “ in 9th International conference “Advances in soft computing, E-learning, information & communication Technology” (ASEICT-2015) Organized by “Krishi Sanskriti” on 20th June, 2015 at Jawaharlal Lal Nehru University, Delhi.
3. Seminar on Design and Implement signal processing, communication and computer vision systems using MATLAB and Simulink at Le Meridian No.8, Windsor Place, Jan path Road, New Delhi on 04th June, 2015.
4. Asha Sohal, Shilpa Bahl," Data mining using mutation based testing” in International journal of computer science and information technology research excellence, ISSN No: 2250-2734, issues, Feb 2012.
5. Asha Sohal," Comparison between RGRP and GPSR protocol for wireless sensor networks", KIIT journal of Research & Education, ISSN No: 2249-8699, Volume-II, 2012.
6. Asha Sohal, Pooja Malhotra," Traffic Management in UAV and Security attacks in MANET”, "International journal of computer science issues, 2011.
7. Asha Sohal, Nupur Raina," New Techniques for Geographic Routing Algorithm "National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Technology”, 2011.
8. Asha Sohal, Prof. R. L. Ujjwal," Optimal Solution to Geographic Routing Algorithm for Wireless Sensor Networks" National Workshop-Cum-Conference on “Recent Trends in Mathematics & Computing” , ISBN - 819039523X 2011.
9. Asha Sohal, Nupur Raina," Comparison of Different Routing Protocols in MANETs using Ns-2", Seminar on Trends In VLSI DESIGN AND EMBEDDED SYSTEMS, January, 2010.
10. Asha Sohal, Nupur Raina, “Comparison between denial of services attacks using MANETs”, Recent Trends in Electronics & Computing” Issue Feb 2009.