- Ph.D. (Ocular Pharmacology), 2008-2013 from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- M. Pharm. (Pharmacognosy), 2004-2006 from Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Haryana
- B. Pharmacy 1999-2003 from from Guru Jambheshwar University of Science & Technology, Hisar, Haryana
- 2006-2007: Lecturer, PDM College of Pharmacy, Bahadurgarh, Haryana
- 2007-2008: Research Assistant, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- 2008-2013: Senior Research Fellow, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), Delhi
- 2013- : Assistant Professor, K. R. Mangalam University, Sohna Road, Gurgaon
Dr. Pankaj Gupta did his PhD in the area of Marine Natural Products. He is presently working as Assistant Professor of Pharmacognosy at K. R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon. He has published over 20 papers in reputed national / International journals and was the former Vice-Chairman of the Society of Young Scientists at AlIMS. He has been serving as the editor for various International scientific journals such as Journal of Homeopathy & Ayurvedic Medicine, Natural Product Chemistry & Research published by Omics group, USA. He is reviewer for various National / International scientific journals such as Pharmaceutical Biology, Phytomedicine, Indian Journal of Physiology & Pharmacology, Natural Product Research etc. He has co-coordinated several symposia’s, conferences; bioanalytical hands on workshop, QIP and is recipient of several national / International travel fellowships.
- Ocular Pharmacology
- Marine Natural Products
- Ocular Pharmacology
- Marine Natural Products
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
He has carried out extensive Pharmacological evaluation of ItoneTM Polyherbal formulation (a product of Dey’s Medical Store, Kolkata) and was involved in the development of a novel anticataract agent viz. Calcium dobesilate (drug patent by Ozone Pharmaceuticals, Delhi). He has been awarded with several International / National Travel Fellowships by the Asian Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Indian Eye Research Group and Mrs. Dwarka Prasad Trust-AIIMS Travel grant.
- Gupta P, Arumugam M, Azad RV, Saxena R, Biswas NR, Ghose S and Velpandian T. Screening of antiangiogenic potential of twenty two marine invertebrate extracts of phylum mollusca from South east coast of India. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, 2014, 4(Suppl 1): s129 - s138.
- Gupta P, Gupta A, Agarwal K, Tomar P and Satija S. Antioxidant and Cytotoxic potential of a new thienyl derivative from Tagetes erecta roots. Pharmaceutical Biology, 2012; 50(8): 1013-1018.
- Gupta P, Vasudeva N and Sharma SK. Pharmacognostical study and Preliminary Phytochemical Screening of the roots of Tagetes erecta Linn., Hamdard Medicus, 2009; 52(1): 153-160.
- Vasudeva N, Gupta P and Sharma SK. A New Bithienyl Constituent from Tagetes erecta Linn. Roots, Indian Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2007; 16: 303-304.
- Gupta P and Vasudeva N. In Vitro Antiplasmodial and Antimicrobial Potential of the Roots of Tagetes erecta Linn., Pharmaceutical Biology (Informa Pharmaceutical Sciences), 2010; 48(11): 1218-1223.
- Velpandian T, Gupta P, Ravi AK, Sharma HP, Biswas NR. Evaluation of Pharmacological Activities and Assessment of Intraocular Penetration of an Ayurvedic Polyherbal Eye Drop (ItoneTM) in Experimental Models. BMC Complimentary and Alternative Medicine, 2013: 1-12.
- Velpandian T, Nirmal J, Gupta P, Vijayakumar AR and Ghose S. Evaluation of Calcium Dobesilate for its Anti-Cataract Potential in Experimental Animal Models. Methods & Findings in Clinical & Experimental Pharmacology, 2010; 32(3): 171-179.
- Kaur R, Satija S, Vandana Kalsi, Meenu M and Gupta P. Comparative study of Analgesic and Antipyretic activity of Curcuma caesia and Curcuma amada Roxb. Rhizomes. Inventi Rapid: Ethnopharmacology, 2011; 3.
- Kumari SS, Lalitha P, Prajna NV, Haripriya A, Nirmal J, Gupta P and Velpandian T. Single and Multidose Ocular Kinetics and Stability Analysis of Extemporaneous Formulation of Topical Voriconazole in Humans. Current Eye Research, 2010; 35(11): 953-960.
- Gupta S, Rai R, Gupta S, Gupta P. Evaluation of Neck Circumference as a Predictability Parameter for Pulmonary Function in Young Females. Indian Journal of Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy, 2012; 6(4): 284-287.
- Gupta P and Vasudeva N. Marigold – A potential Ornamental Plant Drug. Hamdard Medicus, 2012; 55(1): 45-59.
- Gupta P. Pro-angiogenic and Angiostatic Compounds from Terrestrial and Marine Sources. Journal of Homeopathy & Ayurvedic Medicine, 2014; 3: 161.
- Velpandian T, Sobti A, Ravi AK, Gupta P, Titiyal JS, Sharma N and Ghose S. Rampur Chemical Spell Tragedy – Accountability a Major Concern for Chemical Transportation. The National Medical Journal of India 2010; 23(6): 375-376.
- Gupta P. Carotenoids of Therapeutic Significance from Marigold. Natural Product Chemistry & Research, 2014; 2: e110.
- Gupta P. DNA and LC-MS/MS fingerprintings as novel tools for the standardization of crude herbal drugs. Natural Product Chemistry & Research, 2015; 3: e112.
- Gupta P. Nutraceuticals as Emerging Antiangiogenic Agents. Journal of Traditional Medicine and Clinical Naturopathy, 2015; 4: e116.
- Gupta P, Velpandian T, Sharma C, Ravi AK, Biswas NR and Ghose S. Evaluation of the anti-cataract potential of a polyherbal formulation (Itone). Indian J Pharmacol, 2008; 40, supplement 2: S185-S186.
- Gupta P, Velpandian T, Azad RV, Saxena R, Biswas NR, Arumugam M and Ghose S. Marine molluscan invertebrates as a potential source for bioactive compounds having antiangiogenic, anti-inflammatory and anticataract activities. Biochem & Pharmacol, 2013, 2:4.