- PhD (Biomedical Engineering) completed in 2014 from Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- 2002 – 2004 : M.Pharm (Pharmacology)
- 1998 – 2001 : B.Pharm from Govt. College of Pharmacy, Bangalore; Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka
- Apr 2004-Nov 2004 : Lecturer at Milind College Of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Dec 2004-Sep 2005 : Lecturer at P.E.S College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
- Jan 2006-Jul 2007 : Lecturer at Dr. Bhanuben Nanavati College of Pharmacy, Mumbai
- Jan 2016-Mar 2016 : Faculty at Indian Clinical Research Institute, Delhi
Dr. Anuradha V Pai has joined KR Mangalam University School of Medical and Allied Sciences as an Assistant Professor. She is a Pharmacologist and a Biomedical Engineer with Doctorate degree from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. Before that she completed her Masters in Pharmacology with distinction, from Government College of Pharmacy, Bangalore in 2004.She is a dual scholarship holder and a distinction holder during her M.Pharm tenure. She bagged company sponsorship from Salesworth Education Foundation who funded her entire post-graduate study expenses. Additionally she also received scholarship from AICTE by the virtue of qualifying GATE 2001.Her M.Pharm project “Pharmacological and Neurochemical evaluation of antidepressants and anxiolytics in chronically stressed rats” was partly carried out at Department of Neurophysiology, NIMHANS. It was sponsored by Salesworth Education Foundation, Bangalore and Himalaya Drug Company, Bangalore. She has two international publications from her M.Pharm work.Her PhD tenure was sponsored by Centre for Nanoelectronics at IIT Bombay. She was involved in developing “Artificial Retina” to be implanted as a prosthetic in certain cases of functional blindness. This project was completed with a working collaboration between IIT Bombay and AIIMS New Delhi.Seminal work from her PhD has contributed towards conceptualisation of an alternate strategy for development of retinal prosthetic to restore vision: a patent has been filed. She has received IEEE cash prize for Best Paper in Humanitarian Technology for her seminal work in December 2016. Her two international publications and another patent are in pipeline. Additionally she has worked as a staff in Dr. Bhanuben Nanavati College of Pharmacy, Mumbai, between Jan 2006 – Jul 2007 and in P.E.S College of Pharmacy, BANGALORE between Dec 2004 – Sep 2005 and has good experience in training B.Pharmacy and M.Pharmacy students.
Pharmacology, Biomedical Engineering, Neurophysiology, Prosthetic Engineering, Retinal electrophysiology, Drug-induced vision toxicity, Retinal Signal processing, Blindness: Retinitis Pigmentosa, Age-related-macular degeneration
- Anuradha, H., Tapan Gandhi, Jayesh Bellare “Chemoretina: An Approach to Retinal Prosthesis”, Best Paper awarded with cash prize of Rs. 5000/- at IEEE INDICON 2016.
- Anuradha, H., Velpandian, T., Manchanda R, Dinesh Sharma, Jayesh Bellare “Quinidine induced vision toxicity: interferences with retinal electrophysiology”, Poster presented at AAPS Annual meeting and Exposition 2012.
- Anuradha, H, Srikumar, BN, Deepti, N, Shankaranarayana Rao, B.S, Lakshmana, M. “Euphorbia hirta reverses chronic stress-induced anxiety through GABAA receptor benzodiazepine receptor-C1– channel complex.” Annals of Neuroscience. 2004; 79
- Anuradha, H, Srikumar, BN, Deepti, N, Shankaranarayana Rao, B.S, Lakshmana, M. “Anxiolytic-like Effects of Propylene Glycol: Possible interference with Motor Activity in rats” Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 2004: 48 (5) p258
Publications from M.Pharm work:
- Anuradha, H, Srikumar, BN, Deepti, N, Shankaranarayana Rao, B.S, Lakshmana, M. “Euphorbia hirta reverses chronic stress-induced anxiety through GABAA receptor benzodiazepine receptor-C1– channel complex.” J Neural Transm. 2008; 35-42
- Anuradha, H, Srikumar, BN, Deepti, N, Shankaranarayana Rao, B.S, Lakshmana, M. “Restoration of acetylcholinesterase activity by Euphorbia hirta in discrete brain regions of chronically stressed rats.” Pharm Biol. 2010 May: 48(5): 499-503
- Anuradha, H, Srikumar, BN, Deepti, N, Shankaranarayana Rao, B.S, Lakshmana, M. “Anxiolytic-like effects of Propylene Glycol: reflection of motor activity enhancement in rats.” communicated to Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior
Publications from PhD work:
- Anuradha H., Velpandian T, D. K. Sharma, Rajvardhan Azad, Jayesh Bellare “Effect of sodium and calcium channel modulators on rat ERG” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 2013; S233.
- Anuradha H., Velpandian T, D. K. Sharma, Rajvardhan Azad, Jayesh Bellare “Effects of intravitreal Sodium influx modulators on “a” and “b”- wave responses in adult wistar rat” PNAS India, Communicated.
- Anuradha H., Velpandian T, D. K. Sharma, Rajvardhan Azad, Jayesh Bellare “Effect of Intravitreally Injected sodium influx modulators on Optomotor response behavior in goldfishes” Journal of Biosciences, 2014; pp 30 Communicated.
- A Future Chemo-retina-prosthetic device: Indian Patent filed with IIT Bombay [Publication number: 136/MUM/2015 dated 15 July 2016 in Journal No.29/2016 of Indian Patent Office; website www.ipindia.nic.in].
Publications as Co-Author:
- Arumugam Ramamoorthy Vijaykumar, H. Anuradha, Nihar Ranjan Biswas, Vimla Menon, Rohit Saxena, Thirumurthy Velpandian. “Evaluation of the Protective Effect of NMDA/ Non-NMDA Receptor Antagonists Against Ethambutol Induced Retinal Toxicity Using Electroretinogram (ERG) in Wistar Rats” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 2013; S109
Publications in Book:
- Atul Kumar, S. N. Mohanraj, Kavitha Duraipandi, and Anuradha V. Pai (2016). Anti-angiogenic agents and Photodynamic therapy. In Pharmacology of Ocular Therapeutics, Thirumurthy Velpandian ed. (Springer International Publishing AG Switzerland)
[Prof. (Dr.) Atul Kumar is current HOD: Dr.R.P.Center for Ophthalmic Sciences, AIIMS, New Delhi]