• Doctorate of Philosophy, 2006 from The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai.
• Masters in Pharmacy (Pharmacology), 1984 – 1986 from Delhi University (Gold Medalist).
• Bachelor of Pharmacy, 1980 – 1983 form Delhi University.
• Diploma in Pharmacy, 1979 – 1980 from Delhi University.
• 1986-2000 : Sr. Lecturer of Pharmacy, Hindu Collage of Pharmacy, Sonipat.
• 1997-2000 : Assistance Director, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
• 2000-2004 : Course Cordinator, GGS Inderprastha University, Delhi.
• 2004-2007 : Principal, PDM Collage of Pharmacy, Bahadurgarh.
• 2007-2010 : Principal Advanced Institute of Pharmacy, Palwal.
• 2010-2013 : Director, PDM Collage of Pharmacy, Bahadurgarh.
• 2013- : Dean, School of Medical & Allied Sciences, K R Magalam University, Gurgaon.
Prof (Dr.) Arun Garg did his Post graduation in Pharmacology from Delhi University in 1986 under the guidance of Prof (Dr.) S. S. Agrawal and Doctorate from The Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai in 2006 under the guidance of Dr B Suresh, President , PCI & Vice Chancellor, JSS University, Mysore.
He started his career in 1986 as a lecturer in Hindu College of Pharmacy, Sonepat, Haryana and later served All India Council for Technical education (AICTE) New Delhi as an Asst. Director for three years. He also served Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi, as Course Co-ordinator from the year 2000 to 2004. Prof. Garg has been associated with Quality Pharmacy Education as an academician from past 27 yrs. Presently, he is serving as Professor & Dean, School of Medical & Allied Sciences, K R Mangalam University, Gurgaon.
His research areas of interest are Drug Utilization Studies, Quality of Life studies, Rational Use of drugs, Hepatotoxicity, Liver Regeneration, Diabetes, Hypertension and Cosmetics.
His research on Hepatotoxicity & Liver Regeneration was recognized by Indian Pharmacological Society and was awarded Dr. B. Mukherjee Award- for best paper in Indian Journal of Pharmacology. Further he was also conferred with Hamdard National Foundation Research Award for his research on Cinkara. He also bagged Gold Medal Award for standing first position in M. Pharmacology in University of Delhi in the year 1986. He is also a recipient of prestigious Young Teacher Award by Society of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (SPER) in the year 2012.
He has guided various pharmacists for their M. Pharm and Ph.D. research studies. He has published several research papers in International and National journals and has presented several research papers in scientific poster presentation. He has delivered several lectures in various conferences and seminars.
He has been serving as a General Secretary of Indian Pharmacy Graduates’ Association (IPGA) and founder member of IPGA Welfare Trust. He is a life member of several associations.
1. Pharmacological Screening of Herbal & poly herbal Drugs,
2. Drug Utilization
3. Quality of Life studies,
4. Hepatotoxicity and Liver Regeneration,
5. Diabetes and Hypertension
6. Herbal Cosmetology,
7. Assay developement of newer receptor/enzyme targets
8. CNS pharmacology.
9. Blood brain barrier permeability studies
- Pharmacological Screening of Herbal & poly herbal Drugs,
- Drug Utilization
- Quality of Life studies,
- Hepatotoxicity and Liver Regeneration,
- Diabetes and Hypertension
- Herbal Cosmetology,
- Assay developement of newer receptor/enzyme targets
- CNS pharmacology.
- Blood brain barrier permeability studies
Professional Projects / Professional Achievements
1. Dr. B. Mukherjee Prize for the paper entitled “Screening of Phyllanthus niruri Linn. Ricinous communis Linn. Cinkara and Herbal extract of Cinkara on alcohol induced liver cell injury in non-hepatectomised and partially hepatectomised rats.” By Indian Pharmacological Society.
2. Hamdard National Foundation Research Award for research on Cinkara for the research paper entitled “Screening of Cinkara and Herbal extract of Cinkara on alcohol induced liver cell injury in non-hepatectomised and partially hepatectomised rats.”
3. Gold Medal Award for standing first in M. Pharm. (Pharmacology) from Delhi University.
4. Young Teacher Award-2012 by Society of Pharmaceutical Education & Research on 23rd June, 2012 in First Annual Conference at DIPSAR, New Delhi.
5. IPGA Professional Excellence Award – 2013 by Indian Pharmacy Graduates’ Association on 23rd Feb. 2013 during 28th Annual Conference of IPGA at Ahmedabad.
6. IPGA Fellowship Award – 2014 by Indian Pharmacy Graduates’ Association on 22nd Nov., 2014 during 29th Annual Conference of IPGA at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara (Punjab).
7. AICTE RESEARCH GRANTS UNDER RPS SCHEME:
8. Synthesis, Biological Evaluation and QSAR Studies of Novel Purine Derivatives – Rs.13 Lakhs (8023/RID/RPS/068/11/12/954)
9. Design synthesis, “Biological Evaluation of Flavonoids Derivatives” – Rs.12 Lakhs (8023/RID/RPS/068/11/12/1596).
ISTE STTP GRANTS:
Development and standardization of Herbal Formulations – 26th – 30th March, 2007
Recent Trends in Drug Development – A Focus on Novel Drug Delivery System – 2nd – 6th February, 2009
AICTE STTP GRANTS:
Changing Scenario in Drug Regulatory Affairs, 8th – 10th March, 2008.
1. Garg A. and Agrawal S.S. (1985) “Animal model of alcohol induced liver cell damage in rats fed on nutritionally adequate diet.” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences, 48(5) 163.
2. Agrawal S.S., Garg A. & Agrawal Sarla (1986) “Screening of Phyllanthus niruri linn., Ricinus communis linn., Cinkara and herbal extract of Cinkara on alcohol induced liver cell injury in non-heptectomised and partially hepatectomised rats.” Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 18.211-214.
3. Agrawal S.S., Garg A. & Chattopadhyay P.(2006) “Liver regenerative effect of Phyllanthus amsrus linn. Against alcohol induced liver cell injury in partially hepatectomised albino rats.” International Journal of Pharmacology, 2(4).426-430.
4. Agrawal S.S., Garg A. & Chattopadhyay P.(2006) “Triidothyronine regulation of liver cell regeneration after alcohol-induced liver cell injury in hepatecomised albino rats.” Indian Journal of Gastroenterology, 25(3).165-166.
5. Garg A., Chattopadhyay P. & Agrawal S.S.(2007) “Increase of insulin action by Phyllanthus amsrus linn. On liver cell regeneration after partially hepatectomised in albino rats.” Research Journal of Medicinal Plant, 1 (1): 17-20
6. Garg A., Chattopadhyay P., Varshney V.P., Shrma A. K. & Agrawal S.S. (2007) “Miotic index: Method of determination of liver cell regeneration after two third partially hepatectomised albino rats.” International Journal of Biological Chemistry. 1(2):122-126.
7. A. Garg, M.S. Akhtar, A. Rana, Abida, N. Parvez, (2012) A comparative study between Retrospective and Prospective Drug Use Pattern Conducted in a Referral Teaching Hospital, New Delhi, India. IJPI’s Journal of Hospital and Clinical Pharmacy: Vol. 2:8.
8. Saurabh Bhatia, Arun Garg, K Sharma, S Kumar, A Sharma, AP Purohit, (2011)Mycosporine and mycosporine-like amino acids: A paramount tool against ultra violet irradiation,Pharmacognosy Review(5) : 10, 138-146.
9. Sangita Saini, S.K.Singh, Arun Garg, Kavita Khanna, Anil Shandil and D.N. Mishra (2010). Prediction of Skin Penetration using Artificial Neural Network International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology; 2(6), 2010, 1526-1531.
10. Sangita Saini, S.K.Singh, Arun Garg, D.N. Mishra (2012) QSAR Studies of Synthesized Quinazoline Derivatives. Asian Journal of Chemistry, 24(4) 1425 – 1428.
11. Sangita Saini, S.K.Singh, Arun Garg, D.N. Mishra (2010). QSAR Studies of Synthesized Quinazoline Derivatives.Journal of Pharmacy Research, 3(8), 2039-2041.
12. M.A. Kalam, M. Humayun, N.Parvez, S.Yadav, A.Garg, S.Ain,Y.Sultanaand A. Ali., (2007) Release kinetics of Modified Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms: A review Continental journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1: 30-35,.
13. A Garg, S Khanna, P Nayyar; (2008) ‘Updating with Change’ Chronicle Pharmabiz.
14. S. Khanna, A Nasa, Dr A Garg, P nayyar, Md Sayeed Akhtar, (2008) “Continuing Pharmacy Education IPGA Today”.
15. A Research discussion on Swine Flu treatment published in Express pharma, Sept. 1-15, 2009.
16. Ahuja Nitika, Kishore Kamal, Garg Arun, Purohit Suresh (2012), “Solid dispersions -preparation methods, pharmaceutical applications and evaluation techniques: a review” Novel Science International Journal of Pharmaceutical Science.
17. Sharma Kamal Kishore, Sushil A, Garg Arun, Purohit Suresh (2012),” Fixed dose combinations: survival or disposal” Novel Science International Journal of pharmaceutical Sciences, 1(2): 115-124.
18. Kamal KishoreSharma, Ahuja Nitika, Priyanka, Garg Arun, (2012),”Microemulsion: Novel strategy over the conventional emulsion” Inventi Rapid; (3) 1-5.
19. Kushal, Chaudhary H, Garg A. (2012) “Transdermal permeatrion of antihypertensive drugs” International Journal of Natural Product Science: Spl Issue1:83.
20. Khanna Surabhi, Garg Arun, Nasa Atul, (2010) “Counterfiet drugs: Problems and Solutions”, International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 1(1).
21. Khanna Surabhi, Garg Arun, Nasa Atul, (2008) “Continuing Pharmacy Education” in IPGA Today, Special Annual Issue.
22. Khanna Surabhi, Garg Arun, Nasa Atul, (2008) “Updating the Change”, Chronicle Pharmabiz.
23. Involvement of Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase, Caveolin and Haemoxygenase in Development of Experimental Diabetic Nephropathy in Rats” has been accepted for publication in coming issue of International Journal of Science and Advanced Technology.